The Cyberview S8 software occasionally causes the following situation on some Windows computers:
Situation A: While starting the software and the message "CyberView S8 can not connect to the digitizer" pops up.
If this situation occurs, please proceed as follows:
1. Make sure that you are using the supplied USB cable and that it is plugged directly into your computer without any additional extension cable. The scanner must not be plugged in with an adapter (such as USB-C). The scanner has to be connected to a USB 2.0 port (no USB 3.0 support).
2. Exit the software via the Task Manager and turn off the scanner.
3. Disconnect the USB cable from your computer.
4. Disconnect any other scanner or printer (either via Wi-Fi or via USB) connected to your computer or home network and do not turn them back on during scanning.
5. Uninstall the "Cyberview S8" software from your computer.
6. Download the "Cyberview S8" software via our page Download Links.
7. Restart your computer.
8. Stop any type of antivirus software or any other software that has permission to cross-program. Quite often, the antivirus software suppresses the connection between your computer and the scanner so it does not initialize properly.
9. Now install the program downloaded under step 6.
10. Restart the scanner and wait for it to fully power up (may take 1-2 minutes).
11. Now insert the USB cable into your computer, directly via a USB 2.0 input. If your computer has multiple USB inputs try to use a different one.
12. Restart the software and start a new scan attempt.
If there is still a problem, please make sure that you have completed all steps correctly, especially Step 8 (antivirus software and similar programs). If it is possible, try to use another computer for scanning your slides. If the software does not start on a second computer, please contact us via email@example.com so that we can send you a different software version if necessary. Please also tell us your operating system.
Get to Know Us
Let Us Help You