If you pull too hard on the Reflecta DigitDia 6000 or the Reflecta DigitDia 7000 transport arm, it may happen that the small spring that is necessary for further transport pops out. Then the same slide is continuously pushed in and out of the device, while the slide scanner should actually continue to the next slide. Another problem that is caused by this sping that the transport arm stays in its place. Those issues can be easily fixed by repositioning the spring with the following instructions.
You can get a look at the spring when you push the transport arm completely out of the device and look from the inside to the outside (see red frame fig. 1).
Spring is below the transport arm, left and right black tail of the spring
When the spring has popped out, both black end pieces of the spring are on one side of the transport arm.
1. Turn off the slide scanner and disconnect the power and USB cables from the scanner.
2. If necessary, push the orange adapter, which is located on the transport arm, all the way to the end. (eye away from the tip).
3. Turn the slide scanner over so that you can see the bottom of the scanner.
4. Completely extend the transport arm out of the slide scanner and open the gripper arm screw (see fig. 2). The screw has a nut, which must be placed there again later.
fig 2: screw on the transport arm
5. Now remove the black plastic part (see red circle fig. 2) by pushing it away from the silver metal part. On the black plastic part, the upper part of the transport arm, on which the orange adapter sits, should remain mounted.
6. Pull the upper part of the transport arm completely out of the device.
7. Look closely at the opening in fig. 1 on your slide scanner and push the upper part of the transport arm back into the unit above the spring and between the two black end pieces of the spring.
8. Replace the upper part of the device on top of the lower metal part and tighten the screw on the nut (see fig. 2).
9. Now the transport of your slides should be fixed. Is it possible to manually move the transport arm in and out? If it does not, then you should go back through all the steps in this guide to see if you've missed something.
Get to Know Us
Let Us Help You